|Africa Union Development Agency – AUDA-NEPAD
|Research and Professional Services
|Friday, December 8, 2023 – 14:00
|Tuesday, November 28, 2023 – 08:30
If you’re passionate about driving scientific innovation and have a knack for community management and advocacy, we present to you an intriguing opportunity that encompasses fostering genome editing knowledge and practices across eight African nations.
Initiative Background: The Advancing Science and Innovation initiative aims to catalyze agricultural and industrial growth through genome editing technologies. By promoting a comprehensive understanding among diverse stakeholders, we support robust R&D, strategic product development, and high-impact commercialization. With the evolution of biosafety regulations under ABNE’s wing, the AUDA-NEPAD Centre of Excellence now emphasizes innovation and commercialization, aligned with Agenda 2063’s vision of transforming African society through biotechnological advancements in agriculture.
About the Communities of Practice (CoP): After successfully crafting National Communication and Advocacy strategies and detailed action plans, we’re focusing on designing and nurturing CoPs. This platform will be a hub for cross-country expert knowledge exchange, fostering connections and bolstering innovation capacities, specifically in product development phases.
Key Goals for the Consultant: The consultant will be responsible for establishing a robust CoP framework within the eight participating countries. You’ll help create and run test models focused on expert exchange and collaborative problem-solving. Additionally, developing a governance structure to sustain the CoPs is paramount.
- Holding at least a Master’s degree, Ph.D. preferred, in Science, Biotechnology, Agriculture, or Social Sciences.
- Over eight years of experience engaging with CoPs, preferably as a development specialist or program manager.
- Profound knowledge in sectors like biotechnology, agriculture, food systems, with aptitude for development policies and advocacy.
- Expected to adapt effortlessly to a multicultural setup, demonstrating the ability to collaborate at national and international levels.
To seize this consultancy service opportunity and embark on a journey of scientific and societal transformation, mark your calendars for the deadline: December 8, 2023, and step forward to make a difference.
Opportunity Alert: Join the Community of Practice Development Team
Are you passionate about nurturing sustainable communities with your expertise in community building and management? This is your chance to steer African Governments towards greater unity. We’re looking for an individual with solid experience in policy harmonization, bridging gaps to make a national impact through continental and regional frameworks.
Key Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven background in spearheading sustainable communities, adeptly guiding them via online platforms;
- Demonstrated hands-on experience offering technical assistance to African Governments and top-tier officials, underpinned with skills in policy harmonisation for effective national strategies.
Competencies You Need:
- Exceptional facilitation capabilities with a solid foundation in science and/or development communication;
- Proficiency in reporting, writing, and adept use of Microsoft Office suite. Knowledge of communications software is highly desirable.
How You’ll be Evaluated:
Here’s a quick glimpse at the shortlisting parameters:
|Educational Qualifications & Training
|Regional Knowledge & Acclimatization
To hit the threshold, aim for a minimum of 70 points.
We adhere to the Individual Consultant Selection method in line with the African Union Procurement Manual Version 2.0 – 2016.
Your Application Checklist:
- A compelling Cover Letter;
- Your signed declaration of undertaking (Annex 1, available on AUDA-NEPAD website);
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae;
- Copies of your academic qualifications.
For in-depth details, refer to the comprehensive Terms of Reference (TOR) posted at AUDA-NEPAD Tenders.
Packages containing your expression of interest and the required documents must be sent via email to the below address by December 8, 2023 – 14:00hrs (South African Time). The email subject line should read “Consultancy Services to Support to Member States to Develop and Manage Genome Editing Communities of Practice”.
Direct your application to:
For additional details and application documents, follow the links below:
This clean and professionally crafted content highlights the job opportunity with a clear and concise introduction, qualification requirements, evaluation criteria, application procedure, and additional resources for applicants. The HTML structure emphasizes key elements using headings, lists, a clear table format for criteria, and neatly formatted links to essential documents.